Software Developer - GUI
Avigilon designs, manufactures, and markets award-winning HD surveillance solutions. The performance and value leader, Avigilon’s solutions protect and monitor thousands of customer sites in more than 80 countries around the world. Avigilon Control Center, the world’s first open HD Network Video Management Software platform, and megapixel cameras deliver full situational awareness and actionable image detail. Campuses, transportation systems, healthcare providers, public venues, infrastructure, and manufacturing sites with security, safety validation, and compliance requirements all benefit from reduced investigation time and more successful investigations by immediately producing indisputable video evidence.
In 2012, Avigilon was named the Fastest Growing Technology Company in Canada, the Fastest Growing Software Company in North America for the second year in a row, and the 'Company of the Year' by the BC Technology Industry Association. In January 2013, Avigilon was named the Cantech 2012 Stock of the Year (TSX), as voted by Canada's top financial analysts.
We are looking for the best people: smart, creative, passionate about their work, and excited for new challenges.
As an integral part of our software development team you will have an opportunity to:
- Use C# with WPF to produce cutting edge .NET GUI frontends
- Make Avigilon's software the most functional and intuitive in the surveillance market - allowing users to effectively view, playback, search, and manage thousands of cameras located in sites spread across the globe
- See your effort make an impact and contribute to the growth of one of the fastest growing companies in Canada
- Strong C++, C++/CLI, and C# design and coding skills
- An innate sense of usability and aesthetics
- Intimate knowledge of .NET GUI design on Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Experience with scripting languages and version control systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to produce clear, concise documentation
- Self-motivated, with the ability to learn quickly and independently, and also work within a team
- 3-8 years experience in a UI development role
Nice to have:
- A degree or diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- Formal training in HCI or another usability or interface design field
- GUI development experience with multiple frameworks on multiple platforms (WinForms, WPF, Cocoa, Qt)