Firmware Quality Assurance / Verification Specialist
Avigilon designs, manufactures, and markets award-winning HD surveillance solutions. The performance and value leader, Avigilon’s solutions protect and monitor thousands of customer sites in more than 80 countries around the world. Avigilon Control Center, the world’s first open HD Network Video Management Software platform, and megapixel cameras deliver full situational awareness and actionable image detail. Campuses, transportation systems, healthcare providers, public venues, infrastructure, and manufacturing sites with security, safety validation, and compliance requirements all benefit from reduced investigation time and more successful investigations by immediately producing indisputable video evidence.
In 2012 Avigilon was named the Fastest Growing Technology Company in Canada, the Fastest Growing Software Company in North America for the second year in a row, and the 'Company of the Year' by the BC Technology Industry Association.
In January 2013, Avigilon was named the Cantech Letter 2012 Stock of the Year (TSX), as voted by Canada's top financial analysts.
We look for the best people: smart, creative, passionate about their work, and excited for new challenges.
As part of our engineering team you are responsible for, or will have an opportunity to:
- Continually improve the quality of Avigilon's software and hardware products through the creation and execution of comprehensive test cases
- Ensure that Avigilon produces the highest quality, easiest to use products in the surveillance industry
- Collaborate closely with firmware and hardware developers to reproduce and resolve any issues uncovered in the tests
- Interact regularly with other members of the Quality Assurance team (software and hardware) to ensure correct testing steps are followed
- Establish a deep understanding of all firmware components and their interactions
- Interact regularly with support, development, and product management teams to solve challenging problems
- See your effort make an impact and contribute to the growth of one of the fastest growing companies in Canada
- 1 - 3 years of experience in a firmware verification role
- Experience writing and executing test cases
- Experience using issue tracking systems
- Comfortable setting up and maintaining computer hardware, operating systems, networks to support testing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to produce clear, concise documentation
- Self-motivated, with the ability to learn quickly and independently, and work within a team
- A degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Python, Ruby, or other scripting and programming languages
- Knowledge of digital imaging