Director of Customer Service
Avigilon designs, manufactures, and markets award-winning HD surveillance systems. The performance and value leader, Avigilon’s solutions protect and monitor thousands of customer sites in more than 80 countries around the world. Avigilon Control Center, the world’s first open HD Network Video Management Software platform, and megapixel cameras deliver full situational awareness and actionable image detail. Campuses, transportation systems, healthcare providers, public venues, infrastructure, and manufacturing sites with security, safety validation, and compliance requirements all benefit from reduced investigation time and more successful investigations by immediately producing indisputable video evidence.
In 2012 Avigilon was named the Fastest Growing Technology Company in Canada, the Fastest Growing Software Company in North America for the second year in a row, and the 'Company of the Year' by the BC Technology Industry Association. In January 2013, Avigilon was named the Cantech Letter 2012 Stock of the Year (TSX), as voted by Canada's top financial analysts.
Job Description and Responsibilities
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to manage and grow our 24/7 Customer Service department globally, consisting of Technical Support, Field Engineering, and Sales Order Support. Our product is sold through a reseller channel in over 80 countries globally. The customer service operation will need to scale to support the business growing from $100 million to $500 million in revenue over the next 5 years.
You will be required to uphold our commitment to providing the best customer service in the industry, and ensure that we maintain and improve our customer service as the team grows.
Our goal is to provide fanatical customer service that achieves not just customer satisfaction but customer happiness. We’re looking for someone who understands the importance of differentiating on customer service and being customer-oriented throughout the business.
- Working with your team managers to ensure staff levels are sufficiently growing with the business and coaching/mentoring the managers to ensure the department is operating effectively, including implementation of new strategies and programs for employee satisfaction
- Champion the customer service philosophy that the company employs to serve our customers
- Lead all aspects of our customer service policies, objectives, and initiatives
- Identify and lead initiatives for ongoing process improvements, and find new and improved ways to serve our customers
- Lead our Voice of the Customer program and use it to identify and action on areas of improvement
- Establish measures to show the performance of the customer service department across the various regions and teams, and report these measures and goals to senior management
- Effectively balance the best interests of both the customer and the company in making approval decisions, while maintaining a strong sense of customer empathy even when dealing with tough customers
- Involvement with high profile customer issues
- Forecast resource requirements and work with team managers to prepare an annual budget
- 5-10+ years’ experience leading a global customer service department
- Self-motivated and focused with a passion for technology and an aptitude for customer happiness
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possesses strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to quickly learn and understand new ideas and concepts
- Pleasant, friendly style of verbal and written communication
Preference will be given to candidates with one or more of the following:
- University degree or diploma of technology
- An understanding of the following technical subjects:
- Networking principles and IP communication
- Windows troubleshooting tools and techniques
- Computer hardware configuration and troubleshooting
- Network equipment configuration and troubleshooting
- Experience working with a company that develops both hardware and software products